Have pimple on buttocks, leaving black mark. How to get rid of this?

I am a male 42 years and have small pimple like spots on buttox and leaving black spot marks. Seems worse lately. Please help and is there a way to get rid of the black scar marks? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 27 minutes later

I would like to know if there is any pus or any other problem associated with the lesions.

If not then, pimples like pigmented lesions on buttocks can be any of the following.

1. Keratosis pilaris. It is a problem of keratinization (formation of skin keratin). Here the lesions are pigmented and feel rough.
2. Amyloidosis- This is due to accumulation of a protein under the skin and presents as slightly smooth pigmented area.

Treatment for both is a keratolytic, which is a cream containing urea and lactic acid. Use it for a month, to get good result.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Follow-up: Have pimple on buttocks, leaving black mark. How to get rid of this? 36 minutes later
No puss or any oozing. Just hard and rough sometimes.
Is there anything I can use to lighten the old black scars?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

Just hard and rough with no pus indicates, keratosis pilaris.

Use the combination of urea and lactic acid. This will take care of both roughness as well as pigmentation.