Have pimple like bumps on penis, had headache, fever and palms peeling. STD?

General Surgeon
I have some pimple like bumps on the foreskin of my penis and one on the head of my penis. They just came on out of nowhere. Then 2 days later I felt like I had a headache and a fever. Now I see my palms are peeling. I've read up on a lot of stds an HIV but I think I'm just over worrying and everything I notice starts to scare me. What does this sound like to you? Thank you in advance.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please submit details

Detailed Answer:
Hi ! I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

I would like to have the following information from you so that I can respond to your query well :

1) How frequently you go for sexual activity and it is with single or multiple partners and is it well protected or unprotected sex ?
2) Reports of any investigations done so far on this .
3) Complete duration of the bumps.
4) Did you anytime get any discharge from the bump
5) Are the bumps painful or itching ?
6) Any medications taken for this till date
7) Do you still have fever !

Till you respond to this, please take care of your personal hygiene and avoid any sexual activity for the time being till you are ok.

Hope to listen from you.Take care.

Thank you for using health care magic portal for the query on your health needs.
Follow-up: Have pimple like bumps on penis, had headache, fever and palms peeling. STD? 1 hour later
I had 2 sexual encounters a week ago. One oral sex and the other was intercourse. The bumps came on a day later. They are small and like a pearly color. They do not hurt or itch. I had a fever 2 days later that lasted about a day and a half. Mild headache. Fever and headache stopped. No medication has been taken. Today i noticed my palms were peeling.
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need complete clinical and pathological evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hi ! Thanks for your feedback.

With the history of fever along with the development of bumps on your penis following sexual encounter, it is clear that you developed some kind of infection most likely related to any one of the STD (Sexually transmitted diseases). I would suggest you to get your urine tested (both routine and microscopic), a complete blood count, a VDRL test, HBsAg test, HIV test, and a routine blood sugar test.

The peeling of skin may be seen with few of the STDs, but at a later stage. This symptom within two days of developing the bumps on the penis may be an independent entity, which can occur in some vitamin deficiencies and few viral infections.

With all your test reports you should visit a Dermatologist/Surgeon who may also advise you for a microscopic examination of the scrapings from the bumps to exclude any fungal or herpes infection. Even though the tests come out to be negative at present, you have to get the tests specially HIV repeated after 2-3 months of time. Rest of the management will depend on the clinical examination of the bumps, and peeling of skin in hands and the test reports.

Whatever the diagnosis may be, there is not much to be worried about, as most of the STDs are treatable now a days with the advent of latest medications. So be patient and follow the above instructions and those from the Dermatologist.

Follow-up: Have pimple like bumps on penis, had headache, fever and palms peeling. STD? 53 minutes later
Statistically speaking what are the chances of getting hiv from an encounter?
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
very much unpredictable though low

Detailed Answer:
Hi ! Your concern looks genuine, but it depends on the following :

1) If you have an unprotected sex with someone who is HIV negative, then the probability is almost zero.
2) If by any chance she is HIV positive, then with a vaginal intercourse, the probability is considered to be 0.04%, or may be around 1-1.5 per 1000 encounters, which increases with an anal intercourse. However small the chances may look to be, one can not be sure of the probability into which he will fit into. Therefore, I have already mentioned early that even if the test results come out to be negative, you need to repeat it in around 8 and 12 weeks, and again after three months to be doubly sure.

At the end, I will always advise you preferably not to go for unprotected sex any time in future unless you have a single non high risk group and known HIV negative partner.

Good luck and take care.
Thank you doctor.
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pleasure interacting with you.

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome. It was a pleasure interacting with you.

If there is nothing else, then you can close the discussion with rating of the answer. Thanks and good luck.