Have pilonidal cyst. Started bleeding. What should I do?

Question
Pilonidal cyst, it is bleeding what do I do ?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 41 minutes later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The ultimate treatment of the pilonidal cyst is surgical removal however now as it has ruptured and bleeding heavily. Drain all the dark clotted blood from the cyst. wash with warm water continuously until it gets clear and when the bleeding gets clear that is bright red fresh red blood, place a gauze pack soaked with pyodine solution to stop the bleeding. If the bleeding still continuous you can add adrenaline injection to the pyodine solution and then soak the gauze with that solution the place on the cyst which will stop the bleeding.

It is recommended to visit your doctor for complete removal of the cyst as there high chances of its recurrence.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks