Have piles. Noticed skinny stools. Should I see a doctor?

May 2013
Hi Have had piles for quite a few years now and it seems to be bloccking my bottom having what i can
only describe as skinny poo !! Should I go and see the doctor ?

Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
better to consult doctor

Detailed Answer:
Yes, if you are having problem in passing motion, better to consult general surgeon and get examined.
If there is any enlargement of the hemorrhoids, local application of ointments can help.
If there is any blood clot formed within external hemorrhoids and obstructing the way, doctor can remove that.
Laxatives can help to some extent.
Lifestyle modifications like taking diet XXXXXXX in fiber, plenty of liquids, exercises can help.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.