Have piles. How to treat this?

I am 14 an I think I have piles but am embarrassed to tell anyone
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Piles or fissure developed at this age is well treatable. Do visit your treating doctor as soon as possible. If left untreated the condition can progress, cause complications and reach to a stage where there would be no cure.

A detailed physical examination is essential to ascertain the diagnosis and to plan a specific management.

Meanwhile avoid constipation by taking laxatives like Psyllium husk or liquid paraffin available as over the counters at pharmacies. Also avoid fatty and spicy foods which may aggravate the problem.

I would like to remind you that piles developed at this age are curable totally.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.