Have piles. Had severe intestinal distension due to constipation. Feeling dizziness and fatigued. What to be done?

Dear Sir , my mother, 68, had sever intestinal distension due to constipation. She has piles, but is not diabetic.
She had a laparotomy to remove excess fecal matter, but surgoens found nothing else in there, and put it down to XXXXXX syndrome. Now she has fatigue, dizziness, cold hands and feet, feels cold in her tummy (inside), and is forgetful. She also has pains in the tummy occasionally,and a frequent rumbling sound in the stomach. She has edema in her feet, am not sure which sort, but the finger imprints on the skin do notcause permamnent marks.
Do we need a further examination?
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 59 minutes later

You surely need a clinical evaluation, that to immediately in my opinion.

She should get a sonography done to have at her abdomen.Her symptoms make me suspicious of XXXXXXX bleed or bowel perforation etc.These are common complications after laparotomy.An erect abdomen xray may also be needed.

These symptoms should be brought to notice of your doctor sooner.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.