Have pigmentation on both cheeks. Not reducing despite peeling and home remedies. Taking thyronorm, but test was normal

i have pigmentation on both cheeks . doctor asked me to take thyronorm 50mg which i am taking since 2 years now.thyroid function testwas normal but still medicine is continuing. the pigmentation however is not reducing despite peeling done at a clinic and home remedies.please suggest accurate remedy to get back blemish free skin .
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 2 hours later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that you are taking thyronorm for hypothyroidism ( now normal thyroid profile) , having cheek pigmentation , used all clinical treatment + home remedies but no improvement.

You also have osteoarthritis with osteoporosis ( clamag D) , IBS , Migraine.

The most plausible cause to your skin pigmentation can be XXXXXXX disease.
XXXXXXX disease is a sistern disease of hypothyroidism( autoimmune diseases) , which shows with low blood pressure ( 90/60) , pigmentation resistant to clinical treatment( cheeks , elbows , knees) until and unless you get XXXXXXX treatment.

Other cause can be MALESMA , black brown / pink discolouration on cheeks and forehead , can occur at any age most in young age or in perimenopausal years.

The treatment of hypothyroidism depends upon the cause of your hypothyroidism , for example for thyroiditis , thyronorm treatment is for 6 months , while for hashimotos it is life long , you need to go to your treating physician to know the cause of your hypothyroidism.

I know your skin is oily , sensitive to creams , but most probably you will be having the above cause , for XXXXXXX get short synacten test , and malesma will be reviewed by skin specialist.

I hope this solves your query.

Feel free to ask any further question.