Have pica, started eating chalk. Taking medicine after back surgery. Feeling constipated and bloated. Any suggestion?

I recently have started eating chalk. I had this craving for my 1st pregnancy 14 years ago and it is way worse this time around. I was told from my Dr. 14 years ago that the only harm it will do is make you constipated and if that doesn't become a problem it is ok. I am on a lot of medication due to my 3rd back surgery. I am on Neurontin, Oxycodone, Norco, Baclofen, Amitriptyline, prozac, Prilosec (I also have Acid Reflux Disease) Docqlace and Xanax, so I didn't know if there is any harm now with those interacting with the chalk. I am aware it is an actual disorder called Pica and it is from either a deficiency in some iron and minerals or an OCD thing, which I tend to think. So I have noticed that I am more constipated then usual and it makes my stomach bloated even from the smallest amount. I try not to but the craving is ridiculous. Any suggestions?
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 3 hours later
Thanks for your query. As you rightly said the dusorder is referred to as pica. It can be due to nutient defiency ir due to psychogenic origin. In your case it does not appear to be ocd or of psychogenic origin. There is no specific cure for the condition. Iron and zinc supplenents might be useful in your case. There is ni interaction of chslk with XXXXXXX if the menyioned medication. So you need not worry. Hope you found the informagion useful.