Have phimosis. Having itching on the foreskin and scrotum. Is this called smegma?

I have phimosis but it doesn't bother me or my sex life. But I have itchiness on the foreskin and scrotum, I thought it was just dry skin, but it has been irritating me for a couple months now. At one point I thought it may be caused by the clear liquid that appears between the scrotum and the rectum I think it's called smegma? But I'm not sure. I have only one partner for sex for the past two years, she had chlamydia, doctor gave her two sets of anti infection pills which she gave them to me to take anyways, could it be that chlamydia didn't get cured? (four small round red pills)
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Chlamydia responds well to antibiotics and so it is better to take one more course.
Phimosis needs to be addressed irrespective of the suspected chlamydia, AS it may lead to recurrent infection of the foreskin or cancer in the long run, if ignored.
Your physician would be the best person to evaluate and decide on the line of treatment.
Hope I answered your query.
Kindly get back for doubts if any.
Follow-up: Have phimosis. Having itching on the foreskin and scrotum. Is this called smegma? 32 hours later
I thought it may be chlamydia but I believe I always had this itchiness during extreme temperatures (hot&cold) since I was like 15 (prior to doing anything sexual)
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome again.
If you are worried, kindly take medical advice.