Ask a Urologist   »  

Have phimosis. Having irritation and itching on penis glans. Used clitromozole. Any suggestion?

Hello, for the past couple of weeks, I've had a lot of irritation and itching on my penis glans. I am uncircumsized and have phimosis. Underneath my urethra some pink spots developed. In the past few days, I have noticed some blood coming from within the foreskin, i.e. not the urethra. Its like a bloody-oily substance that comes from what I would guess to be a callus. I originally thought it was a yeast infection so for two weeks, I used clitromozole and have also gotten an STI check. Any advice/suggestions? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 42 minutes later
Thanks for using Health Care Magic.
Blood coming out from under the foreskin can have many causes. The best way to identify the cause is by looking what is underneath. As you are having phimosis, there is generally smegma depositing under the foreskin. This can cause infection and should not be there for long.
If you are uncircumsized, you should XXXXXXX a urosurgeon or a surgeon who can have a look at it. He may want to do circumcision and then have a look what is underneath.
its very unlikely to be a yeast infetion. Bacterial infection may cause blood discharge.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.