Have persistent high BP. Should I be concerned?

Hello Doctor, I am XXXXX XXXXXXX age 34 completing. My BP is most of the times at 130/90. I have observed since last around 4 months now.
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: make lifestyle changes now Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have read your query. A persistent BP of 130/90 is not normal at your age. However, this requires lifestyle modifications. Please reduce your weight, if you are overweight or obese. Avoid spicy, oily and fatty food. Exercise daily, walking, jogging, running on treadmill. Some kind of physical activity daily for about 40 mins. Please follow these measures for next 6 months. Check your blood pressure after 6 months. If it still remains the same, you can think of taking medicines for the same. Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Have persistent high BP. Should I be concerned? 2 days later
Hi Shanthi, Thank you for your detailed answer. I am 75 Kilos and working hours are 2:00PM to 11:00PM, by the time I go to sleep it is 12:30AM or 1:00AM. My height is 7 feet and 3 inches. I should have mentioned these detials in my earlier mail. Kindly let me know if your suggestions still remain the same. Regards XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 17 hours later
Brief Answer: follow same suggestions Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Your weight seems to be fine. However, follow the measures I suggested earlier to remain in good health. Regards,