Have persistent cough and blocked nose. Having pain in left side, underarm and left breast. Help?

I have a persistent cough which has been with me for last 2 years- subsides for short periods but comes back particularly when cold weather.. Allergies have been suggested but no tests done. At times accompanying blocked nose and when try to clear feel as if also in throat. Last few days have pain in left side, underarm and side of left breast which started initially with back pain....only sore when cough. No other symptoms. Can u help?
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The breathing problem with occasional runny nose is suggestive of allergic problem most commonly allergic bronchitis , asthma or chronic rhinitis.
You are advised to have a clinical examination done by a physician and get a Chest Xray done for more information on the pain in chest because some times lung infection and pleurisy may be a complication.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.