Have persistent cough. Got fever, took antibiotic. Feeling weak. CBC done. Took revital, multivitamin

General Surgeon
Hello There, I have been having persistent cough for last 4 weeks. It began with fever and took antibiotic that time, since then I am feeling very weak. I went for CBC yesterday and Lymphocytes is 42% Basophils is 0%.
I took revital and another multi vit tab
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 42 minutes later
As per your query,you got viral infection.As the cough is there for 4 weeks,it looks like you are having Cough variant of Asthma.
I saw your reports and prescription.The CBC is normal.
Revital and multivitamin tablets are good to restore the weakness.
The prescription is for few days only.You might have changed the antibiotic after the initial course prescribed by the doctor.
You can shift to Clarithromycin or Azithromycin antibiotic tablets,anti inflammatory drug.Levocetrizine and Montelukast combination tablet should also be taken.
As the cough is persistent,you should go for an inhaler with steroid.
Get a X XXXXXXX chest PA view to rule out any lung pathology.
Nothing to worry.
Wish you good health