Have peripheral neuropathy. Feel painful. On Prozac and lyrica. Can tramadol be taken? Any drug between tramadol and nucynta?

I Han eevere peripheral neuropathy that times is very painful. I am not diabetic he neuropathy i
S a result of Agent orange (dioxin) during Viet Nam. I take 40 mg of Prozac nightly for pain depression and/ or anxiety and deprecate at bed time for the above reasons. I also take lyrica three times daily. When I have run out of nucynta at or when the pain is less sever I have tramadol but one of my Dr.s said I should not take the tramadol with or same day as Prozac. Q1- can I take the tramadol sparingly when it is bedtime. Q2-is there a drug out there between tramadol and nucynta that can be taken with the Prozac and devote
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

Your doctor is right Prozac should not be used with tramadol as it can cause seizures. However tramadol is otherwise a drug with a good safety profile and can be used sparingly. You can take tramadol at night after food but make sure you have not taken Prozac that day.

The other good option for peripheral neuropathy is pregabalin and gabentin, you could suggest this drug to him on your next visit, I have seen good results in my patients

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further ones please get back to me