Have penile discharge. Test results revealed klebsiella pneumonia + enterococcus infection. Having burning sensation. What to do?

Dermatologist
Question
I have had a penile discharge that has been ongoing since late Febuary of this year. I have had many culture and swab tests of the actual discharge as well as uri ne and blood. The only bacteria that has been revealed was a few white cells in the urine and a finding of klebsiella pneumonia + enterococcus infectionm which I am told does not creat such a discharge, I have also tested for std's that produce a discharge, which all have been negative. Given The amount of time 5 months that the discharge has been coming, And There has been no effective treatment or diagnoses to date of what it is, Can it be a case of bacteria Prostitis ? The actual discharge is yellow in color and burns the flesh of the penis leaving a white texture of fungus around the foeskin,
any idea, The only drug that has helped lessen the discharge is cipro 500 2 x a day, But once the meds are stopped, The discharge comes back full force
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Prostatitis can be due to any bacteria and can be seen in any STD.
As you mentioned you got relief from ciprofloxacin, there must be a bacterial infection.
The microscopy is showing only pus cells and culture is negative for any organism which can cause discharge.
All these points are supporting the diagnosis of chlamydia. This organism is resistant to most of newer antibiotics. The best treatment of chlamydia is doxycycline. You can take 100 mg daily for 15 days. I think this should give you relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Have penile discharge. Test results revealed klebsiella pneumonia + enterococcus infection. Having burning sensation. What to do? 4 minutes later
chlamydia. was negative on the tests, as was all std panels including herpes gonareah trich etc, Could it be Prostitis given its been months

I was on docycyclin for 6 weeks with no help, as well as azrithromycin Flaygel etc

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up. You have tried all antibiotics.
I would like to know whether any culture for candida was done. Another rare possibility is herpes virus. This virus usually causes fluid filled lesions but can also cause discharge rarely.
Let me know if these two diseases were ruled out ?

Follow-up: Have penile discharge. Test results revealed klebsiella pneumonia + enterococcus infection. Having burning sensation. What to do? 9 minutes later
I know the herpes was Negative, and The ID doctor did do a test that she mentioned That there was no growth on something she sent out

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 13 minutes later
Ok so we have ruled out all the infective causes. The only possibility remaining is physiological discharge. This includes phosphaturia which means passing out of excess phosphates as discharge. spermaturia which means passage of sperm as discharge. Chyluria, which means passage of fatty material. Discuss with your treating doctor regarding this. Lets see if a cause could be detected. Thank you