Ask a Urologist   »  

Have peeled and cracked skin on penis. Worsens during sex. How to get rid of this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
hi

I have peeled and cracked skin on my pennis and I have tryed somr over the counter creamd but they dont seem to cure the problem at the beginning I was thinking this only a yeast infection but it turns out that it is not it usually worsens during sex what can I do to ge
&t rid of this and is there anything to worry that this some kind of dessiase I may have cayched?
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Peeling of the skin of penis is due to allergic or irritant contact dermatitis, contact with harsh detergents, soaps, lotions, exposure to cold, dry air.

And excessive participation in intercourse and excessive masturbation also lead to peeling of skin which results from the damage to superficial skin layer by friction.

Wash the area frequently with fresh water and keep dry.

Avoid or limit the sexual intercourse till healing occurs.

Do not use any cosmetic or OTC products on the site.

You can apply a calamine with a good moisturizer combination lotion externally over the penis for soothing effect on skin and to maintain hydration of skin layers.

If there is no improvement, consult the dermatologist for clinical examination and prescription of specific medication.

Fungal skin infections to be ruled out by clinical examination and by investigation if required.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have peeled and cracked skin on penis. Worsens during sex. How to get rid of this? 10 minutes later
if it is a fungal issue what cream can I use?

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 3 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

In fungal infections of skin, topical creams containing antifungal drugs like clotrimazole can be applied locally over the skin.

But clinical examination by the doctor is needed to tell whether it is due to fungal infection or other cause such as irritant dermatitis.

Regards.