Have pcos. Taking myo-inositol capsules and duphaston. Getting periods. Can I try for pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
Question
hi Dr,
i have pcos problem and im trying for pregnancy. Last time (04/08/2012) i consulted Dr and she prescribed me Myo-inositol capsules and Duphaston (Dydrogesterone tablets BP 10mg form 7th of this month 'aug'). i got my last periods on 17th of july after 2 months gap. Can i try for pregnancy this month? my weight is 68 and height 5'2".
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

You can definitely try for this month. Following are additional advice:

1) Get a follicular growth scan where size of the follicle is checked. Best results are obtained when follicle is mature and dominant which can be seen on scan.

2) Women with PCOS have irregular cycles but there is no problem in conceiving.

3) The capsules prescribed by your doctor are good and can be taken for pegnancy support.

You have good chance of conceiving as you are 23 years old.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Have pcos. Taking myo-inositol capsules and duphaston. Getting periods. Can I try for pregnancy? 7 hours later
Thank you for your support sir. I have one more query sir. On which date i will have my next periods and on which dates should i do intercourse to have a healthy baby?
[ i got last periods on 17 th of July and now 4 more Dydrogesterone tablets are left that is until 16 th night. ]
I think i have over weight. Will it cause any problem to get pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 41 minutes later

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

1) This cycle your ovulation is over. The dydrogesterone tablets you are taking are for pregnancy support.

2) If you have conceived, these tablets will help baby's growth. If not conceived you will get cycles within a week after stopping the tablets.

3) once you get cycles, you get regular follicular growth scan from infertility specialist. They will tell you when you get good dominant follicle and when is best time to have intercourse and conceive.

4) Obesity reduces chances of getting pregnant. It is desirable to reduce your weight before trying for pregnancy.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have. If no more queries, please accept the answer & close the discussion.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.