Have pcos. Feeling dizzy, nausea and pressure behind eyes. On sudafed. How to get relief?

Question
HI, I have been very dizzy with "jumpy" eyes. Also, Nausia and vomitting, and pressure behind the eyes. I've taken sudafed for the last few days thinking it was congestion. However, it hasn't made a difference. My eyes are sensitive to light and I have headaches almost constantly. My hormones are off diagnosed with pcos, however that diagnosis doesn't account for the head problems.

Any idea what I should do to feel better?
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 13 minutes later

From the symptoms it can be primary headache like migraine or sinus headache if you are having any cold or sinus congestion.
Migraine may present with headache for more than seventy-two hours and is often associated with vomiting, dizziness and visual problems.

For migraine headache, try these lifestyle modifications:

1)     Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day.
2)     Exercise regularly (daily if possible) and limit stress through regular exercise and relaxation techniques.
3)     Avoid bright or flashing lights and wear sunglasses if sunlight is a trigger
4)     Identify and avoid foods that trigger headaches by keeping a headache and food diary and limit caffeine consumption to less than two caffeine-containing beverages a day.
5)     You can also try over the counter pain killers like aspirin or acetaminophen. If still the symptoms persist, then please consult a physician for specific anti-migraine therapy (triptans and ergot preparations).

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Have pcos. Feeling dizzy, nausea and pressure behind eyes. On sudafed. How to get relief? 1 hour later
My symptoms have been ongoing for over a year. Just recently it has gotten worse. Could this be just an ongoing migraine?

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 33 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

It look like migraine headache. Chronic or prolonged migraine headache may be due to status migraine, which occurs for more than seventy-two hours. Vomiting, dizziness and visual problems may be present.

However it is advisable to get a CT head done after consulting a neurologist to rule out any other neurological cause as the symptoms have been present for one year.