Have parkinson's disease. Had a violent fit. MRI and CAT scan done. Is this Normal?

I have PD. I went to hospital & while asleep I had a violent fit Is this Normal? I went to hospital because I was seeing double. I am in very early Parkinson's with no outward symtoms. the double went away inside 30 minutes
I have had an MRI scan & a cat scan all showing clear

Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Parkinson's disease is generally not associated with violent fit, but tremor and rigidity is common.

Tremors of PD are maximum, while limbs are at rest.

Violent fit occurs in epilepsy but rigidity & tremors occur in PD.

It is possible that tremor and rigidity of PD were misunderstood as fit.

With good wishes,