Have panic attacks and PVC. Bystolic helped but was put on Pristiq. Can it be taken together?

Please i need help in this. I have panic attacks and PVC's, maybe one trigger the other. So far the best drug was for me Bystolic 5 mg who my carsiologist gave to me. But i need also to be treated for anxiety so my pshyc put me on Pristiq half tablet daily. And my cardiologist put me on a calcium channel blocker, but it doesnt work and my HR is still high. It was much better on Bystolic. My question is can I take Bystolic and Pristiq together? If possible i think it is the best combination, i am scared with other beta blockers. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 22 days later
Brief Answer: Yes you may take Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Pristiq is desvenlafaxine and bystolic is a new beta blocker. Both of them have more or less different mechanism or action and side effect profile. They can be taken together. Infact bystolic will help your panic attacks as well along with thr pvcs. If at all you are concerned about taking the medicines together then there is an option of cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy is for panic attacks and involves focusing on your thinking patterns and changing them to avoid the panic attacks. They are equally effective as pristiq. Dont worry a lot. I have seen many patients who have had pvcs along wiyh panic attacks and they are mostly doing well. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: Have panic attacks and PVC. Bystolic helped but was put on Pristiq. Can it be taken together? 1 hour later
Thank you, yes my doctor prescribed them together, and they works.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Good to know that you are doing good Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for letting me know that you are doing good. Wishing you good health, If you are satisfied I request you to kindly close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy