Have palpitations after climbing stairs. Leg and hands feel weak. Anything serious?

I have palpitations after climbing stairs. Im 28 years old. My leg feel weak so do my hand. Is it a heart disease?
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cannot be excluded.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem one thing that I will suggest you is that many people get palpitations after climbing stairs but most of the time these are innocent but any pathology can be excluded after complete evaluation only .

I will advise you to see a physician , get your ECG and 2 D ECHO done to look for any cardiac cause . Next in your age possibilty of thyroid disorder leading to such symptoms remains high . Kindly get a complete thyroid profile done . Only after this evaluation anything can be said .

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Have palpitations after climbing stairs. Leg and hands feel weak. Anything serious? 6 minutes later
Hi dr XXXXXXX Thanks for your anwer. I indeed have hyperthyroidism before.. but is was cure two years ago. My last blood test was end of last year. And my thyroid hormone is normal. Anyway. I wil do another blood test tomorrow. Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Hyperthyroidism must be excluded before any other investigation then .

Dr. Shruti