Have pale yellow stool after gall bladder surgery. Should I be concerned?

I have pale yellow stool 3 weeks after gall bladder surgery. For the 1st couple of weeks , it was brown colored. Any reason for concern?
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read carefully all your concerns and I would say that yellow stool is a side effect of gall bladder surgery. The reason is that bile salts produced from liver, go directly to gastrointestinal tract and they make the stools change the color. As you do not have diarrhea (frequent loose bowel movements >3 times/day), there is no reason to be worried. If you will have diarrhea, please contact your gastroentererologist to start questran. If I were your treating doctor I would also advise to : - go easy on fat - eat smaller, more frequent meals. - increase the fiber in your diet using more vegetables and fruits. - avoid very sweets foods and greasy foods Hope I answered to your query! Wish you all the best! Dr. Klerida