Ask a Urologist   »  

Have painless red spots on penis. What cure should be done?

For some time now I have a red spot on penis glans. It is painless & also does not have any discharge. Does not pain even when I touch. What could be this & what is the cure
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

If there is no history of any recent unprotected sex,then it rules out sexually transmitted disease ( STD).

But since you are a borderline diabetic, the chances are that this is a fungal infection and the treatment involves local application of anti fungal ointment like CANESTAN twice a day for two weeks.
Hopefully the lesion should subside soon.

In case it doesn't resolve,you may consult your doctor to find the cause and treatment.
Take proper hygienic care by gently cleaning your glans with plain water at the time of bath.

I hope it helps; however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck