Ask a Urologist   »  

Have painless lump type near base of penis. After pressing cream type of thing comes out. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
There is a painless lump type of thing at left side an inch away from the base of my penis, of size like a bearing ball or like a wrist watch battery. After months when I press it, a cream type of thing comes out but very small quantity. It is there for last few years. As there is no pain I did not take it seriously. But for last one year I am confused where to go whom to consult. Please suggest
Kindly note the lump is under the skin
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is a Sebaceous cyst.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Sebaceous cyst over shaft of the penis since along time.

The penile skin is XXXXXXX in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.
Normally they fade away without treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.
Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical evaluation and further treatment.You need to get it excised in Toto under local anaesthesia.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Have painless lump type near base of penis. After pressing cream type of thing comes out. Suggest? 1 hour later
Dear sir,

It is not along my penis shaft. In fact it's almost one inch away from my penis base, between groin & penis base. kindly suggest.

Regards XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is nothing but sebaceous cyst.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
The lump that you have mentioned is nothing else but Sebaceous cyst .Go ahead and get it excised by a qualified general surgeon under local anaesthesia.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr XXXXXXX