Have painless lump on testicle. Do I have any serious problem?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
hello sir,
i am having a lump (about 1.5-2 cm width and having shape like a small testicle) attached to the upper part of left testicle since 11/12 years. I am not having pain or any other problem with it. I am not having any history of testicular cancer or any other cancer in my family. Is there anything serious with it ? Please help me sir.
Posted Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the fact that you have posted and the long duration of a lump without any pain, It appears to me to be a what is called Cyst Of the Epididymis.or Encysted Hydorcele of Spermatic Cord. However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination and Ultrasound Scanning. Please consult some surgeon or Urologist to confirm the diagnosis.This is benign in nature and not serious at all It can be cured with surgery Please feel free if you have any more questions.I shall be pleased to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Have painless lump on testicle. Do I have any serious problem? 34 minutes later
sir, should I live with it because it is not having any pain ? Or it is necessary to remove it by surgery ?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Though you do not have any pain now, the first thing you have to do is 'to get it diagnosed'.

As any cyst in the body can get infected or may undergo malignant changes in future it is always advisable to get it removed.

Hope I answered your query. Do write if you have any more questions.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Have painless lump on testicle. Do I have any serious problem? 3 hours later
sir, will it's removal by surgery create any infertility or can I become father after the surgery ?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Removal of this cyst will not result in infertility; and there is no reason why you should not father a child after this surgery.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Have painless lump on testicle. Do I have any serious problem? 50 minutes later
sir, as you have written that it may cause infertility can I remove it after some years when I will complete my family or it is very very XXXXXXX and to be removed right now ?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 53 minutes later
You seem to have misread my last communication. I have mentioned that removal of cyst WILL NOT result in infertility. So get it removed as per your convenience.

Thanks and Regards
Dr.Patil