Have painless bump on lip. Is this something serious?

Psychiatrist
Question
I need sum help i hav a lump on my bottom right lip tht has not gone away in 4 months it doesnt hurt or anything
Its jst there im a lil worried that it can b something severe
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 8 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your query. I examined the photo you have attached. There is nothing to panic about. It is most probably a mucocele or a salivary gland retention cyst. It needs to be excised under local anaesthesia. It is most probably due to low grade inflammation of your salivary glands. Cancerous lesions which one usually worries about are ulcerated and indurated lesions. Your pic does not suggest that. You can consult either a general surgeon or a dentist for excision after adequate examination.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Have painless bump on lip. Is this something serious? 5 minutes later
Its just been worring me alot i hav no other bumps lumps anything like that but can it also b herepes or anything it does not hurt once again no puss nothing just there?

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 6 minutes later
Do not worry. Even herpes lesions are usually ulcerated and associated with other symptoms. Hence, it is just a mucocoele in all probability.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Have painless bump on lip. Is this something serious? 2 minutes later
Thank u doc ive been putting this off for a long time scared of the result this gives me hope its nothing severe u been great help

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 29 minutes later
Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar