Ask a Urologist   »  

Have painful urination and penis glades are swollen. What do you suggest?

General Surgeon
Question
Ok at first I had to urinated more them the usual then after I started having pain when I urinated I looked and I havr of my penis glades inflamed that why it huryed its hoing aways but dont if I should go see a doctor plz help thanks
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Urethra inflammation. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Most likely you are suffering from urinary tract infection (urethra infection is most probable). The most common reason of such infection are bacteria. It can be caused by intercourse or low fluids intake. Other possible symptoms are burning while urinating, lower abdominal pain, back pain and fever. It is advisable for you to visit a doctor. Urine analysis, penis swab test. Antibiotics are necessary. Please also increase mineral water intake and start cranberries supplementation. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.

Follow-up: Have painful urination and penis glades are swollen. What do you suggest? 6 hours later
I have one inflamed glad on my penis is there any over the counter pill I can take and how long does the glads stay inflamed thank u

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Unfortunately there is not OTC for it. Antibiotics (like Ciprofloxacine) are necessary. But first it is good to know what kind of bacteria is causing it. That is why swab test is necessary. Bacterial infection heals within few days if antibiotic is effective. Regards.

Follow-up: Have painful urination and penis glades are swollen. What do you suggest? 15 hours later
I have white stuff around penis Iinside the skin what does that mean what kind of bateria u think I have

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: White stuff can be a normal thing caused by mucus and other stuff secretion. So it does not have to be a part of an infection. Sometimes white stuff and patches on the glans indicates fungal infection. Its impossible to determine which bacteria is causing your symptoms, that is why I have asked you to have a swab test of penis. This test will tell either there is an infection or not and if yes, what kind of bacteria is causing it. Regards.