Have painful, swollen lymph node near groin area and rashes on scrotum. Are they related?

Sep 2012

i have what looks to be a swollen lymph node on the left side of my groin not very painful but if i bend over too far it can become slightly painful, this become apparent after i got the flu but because of this i thought it was just inflamed, about 4 or 5 days later i begain getting pain running down my left leg it doesnt feel like XXXXXXX muscular pain but as if the pain is on or just under the skin, the skin is slightly sensitive.I also have what looks to be a rash on the left side of my scrotum near my groin about an inch in diameter but i dont know if this is related
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
First of all, the swelling is definitely a swollen lymph node. The cause is most probably infection which is evident from your history of rash over the left side of scrotum and a pain along the path of superficial nerves. The past history of genital warts adds too.
The most common cause of inguinal lymphadenopathy is infection.
So, the swelling and patch all are related. You need further evaluation by the local primary physician.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.