Have painful swelling above collarbone. Getting pain on tailbone, shoulder and arm. Due to hysterectomy?

General Surgeon
I have painful swelling Bove my right collarbone just started in last few days on top of a tailbone pain since September that I thought may be due to hysterectomy. Then in January I also started having pain in left back shoulder area that can go to middle of my upper arm and sometimes hurts to lift even a glass. I am 43 and female?
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Painful swelling above your right collar bone can be inflammed lymphnode.
Tailbone pain is not caused by Hysterectomy.
Pain in left back shoulder area that is going to upper arm is mostly musculo skeletal pain.
Please take Antibiotic like Cefuroxime or Cefpodoxime and anti inflammatory drug with skeletal muscle relaxant.
Add B complex tablet with minerals and anti oxidants.
If the swelling above collar bone does not subside with above treatment,get a simple test called FNAC(Fine needle aspiration cytology) of the swelling.This will confirm the diagnosis.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery.