Have painful stomach polyp. Suggest diet for cure?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi I have stomach polyp which is very painfull can u help. Which food shall I stomach feels raw
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Biopsy confirmation is a must

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.
I would like to know as to whether the polyp has been diagnosed on endoscopy and whether a biopsy has been done to confirm the benign nature of the disease.
Assuming it to be benign ,then a polypectomy should be done if possible.
Poylps of the stomach are premalignant .Hence utmost care by way of surveillance is mandatory.
If you are getting symptoms of pain then that needs to be evaluated as to whether there are any complications. Usually polyps are asymptomatic to start with.
Avoid spicy foods. Avoid red meats , alcohol and chocolates. Switch over to bland food.