Have painful red lump under scrotum. What is the cause and remedy?

Jul 2012

My husband has painful red lumbs under scrotum and its like pimples ... what is the remedy and what might be the cause
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 5 hours later
Hi there.
How long exactly has your husband had these lumps?
What are the size of these lumps? Are they like small bleeding spots? do they bleed while scartching? Or are they thick bumps with a little yellowish hue?
If you answer is more the latter & from what you have described, they are more likely to be a condition called 'steatocystoma multiplex' which is a benign skin condition or skin tumors that are easily addressed by excising them under local anaesthesia. It is a procedure that depending on the number of lesions can either be done in the OPD under local anaesthesia or if multiple, I advocate doing it in the OT (operation theater) to make it less painful & quick for both patient & dermatologist.
Trust this answers' your query & you may look up our XXXXXXX website for a dermatologist nearest where you reside. If in Bangalore, you are welcome to come visit me at any of my clinics & would be happy to share my contact number with you.
Good Luck & Godspeed. Regds.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist