Have painful lump on head after injury. Get lightheaded and brain fog. Are these related?

I fell 3 weeks ago and hit my forehead, had a huge lump. Lump started to go down & had discoloration in face (presumably from the blood draining from the lump?). 3 weeks later there is still a small painful lump. 3 days ago i awoke with lightheadedness. 1st thought it was low blood sugar, then a cold. My colds are usually very mild, but I will get "brain fog". Today the lightheadedness is just as bad as 3 days ago, no worse, but I'm starting to worry, especially since I still have that lump on my head. I'm 56 years old.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 57 minutes later
Brief answer....given below Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. Your query has two parts. 1st...a small lump is still persisting 2nd...development of lightheadedness three weeks after the head injury. 1...this lump is because of the collection of blood below the skin and has become hard because of fibrosis.There is nothing to worry as it shall go away gradually.No treatment is required for this lump. 2.. As far as lightheadedness is concerned,it could be because of high blood pressure,cervical spondylitis and can be because of some blood clot inside the brain. Normally a blood clot in the brain is associated with symptoms like continuing headaches,nausea,repeated vomiting,weakness of arms or legs,unsteadiness etc. Since you are not complaining of any of such symptoms,chances  of blod clot in the brain looks less but can not be totally ruled out. I would advise you to consult your physician or a neurologist and get examined properly and get a CT scan of brain done,to be absolutely sure. I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks