Have painful lump on fingers. How to remove this?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have had a BB sized lump on my finger where it meets the palm of my hand. I have on on both the middle and ring finger of my right hand. It is quite painful to touch. It is also painful while I play tennis.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later

This is likely inflammation of the tendon sheathe due to an injury or repetitive use, and it may have led to fibrosis.It may resolve within a couple of days.It may also be a ganglion cyst, but that is less likely.

I recommend you watch it for the next few days, and see if it resolves on its' own.Meanwhile you can take anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.