Have painful lump and fluid sac on left inner thigh. History of fungal infection. How should this be treated?

I have a lump and fluid sac on left inner thigh are which are not painful. How should this be treated? I am 70 year old male and I had been masturbating (edging a lot for a few weeks).
I don't know what category my problem should be in. I forgot to tell you I have had a fungal infection in my legs for about 10 years.
Additionally, I found a small lump smaller than a pea on my right thigh near groin. Could all this be because I'm edging all the time with only minor emissions occasionally?
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
The swelling on the upper inner part of thigh in your age and with kind of history you are having has two probabilities-
1. Femoral Hernia and 2. Saphena Varix
These two problems are physically resembling each other but a physician can differentiate them by physical examination and Doppler examination.
Femoral hernia is a problem where the gut descends down from abdomen into the thigh through the femoral ring while the Saphena is the dilatation of upper end of Saphenous vein of the leg,
Both problems need to be managed surgically.
Masturbation ca not lead to or can not aggravate any of them.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Have painful lump and fluid sac on left inner thigh. History of fungal infection. How should this be treated? 13 minutes later
I have extreme constipation and laxatives only do half the job for me therefore I strain a lot. Could this be the cause?
The problem in the left leg is on the femoral arter alright at the site where the incision for the heart lung machine was used. The incision is not yet completely healed. Could this be the problem?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 20 hours later

Welcome back to healthcare magic Physicians!
Yes straining is a cause for hernias and the Arterial procedures for Bypass can lead to arterial aneurysm the can result in local swelling called pseudoaneurysm of the artery.
The Doppler would give a definite answer to differentiate all of them so get it as soon as possible.
I think the advise would be helpful for you.
If you still have queries if any, please feel free to communicate back.
And if satisfied with my solution then please accept the answer and take a moment to post your view in the Review Section about my Clinical skills!

Wish you a great XXXXXXX