Have painful knot on temple area, started increasing its size. What cure should be done?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I have a knot on my temple. It has been there for about 10 years now, but lately it has gotten larger and hurts when put pressure on it . Right side of face
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that since the knot has been there for 10 years, it is likely to be a benign condition and there is no need to worry.

However, since it is now growing in size, we need to closely monitor its growth.

An ultrasound scan of the affected area may help in finding out the nature of the knot.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/