Have painful hip and seems to pull when walk and feet also hurts. Cause?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am a 60 year old woman. My right hip, especially the muscles behind hurt and seem to pull when I walk. By end of day my feet also hurt. My husband says I lean slightly to my right when I walk. Should I see my regular doc or see a foot or hip specialist? I 'm trying to figure out root cause so I can walk again without pain.
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms may be due to Arthritic Hip.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

I feel that your symptoms of pain behind the hip and sideward lurch while walking could be attributed to degenerative arthritic changes in the hip joint. Also, your foot might also have been affected by arthritis.

Xrays of the Hip joint and the Foot will show up the amount of degeneration in the joints.

I suggest you initially to consult your regular doctor and if necessary, he will guide you to a respective specialist doctor as needed.

Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further