Have painful dent on back and feeling uncomfortable. Hurts to walk. Took aleve. Looking for relief

Spine Surgeon
I have a dent in my back which is making any position of laying down very uncomfortable. I have had back pain for over ten years but it getting much worse lately. What is the dent mean? I think it is getting deeper and it also hurts when I walk. I have to take pain medication (aleve) everyday to help make moving bearable. My doctor told me to loose weight and I know I need to but I think it may be more. Any help is much appreciated.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I looked at the picture. Excessive lumbar lordosis may give the appearance of dent sometimes. If possible get whole spine lateral Xray in standing position which will show the spine curves. Excessive thoracic kyphosis may lead to excess lordosis at the bottom.
Back pain could be due to improper posture and too much crouching. Regular back muscle exercise and postural education may help to resolve the back pain. I would suggest to consult spine specialist and get Xrays of the spine to rule out any spine problem first. Thanks.
Follow-up: Have painful dent on back and feeling uncomfortable. Hurts to walk. Took aleve. Looking for relief 1 hour later
I have attach te first photo I took today, the one I meant to send in. The earlier picture is from months ago and i Feel like it is deeper if that makes sense.

If this is lumbar lordosis, do I even need to get diagnosed? I am currently researching exercises that will hopefully help. I live in a remote alaska village and health care isn't as accessible or dependable unless information is suggested or even insisted on. If you think I should get an X-ray what questions do you think I should ask to get the most accurate prognosis and treatment? Thank you for your help so far, I feel better having the information
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 28 minutes later
There could be other reasons such as slippage of the vertebra or defect in the spinal elements which can present as dent. To rule out such serious illness its important to get spine Xrays. You have persistent back pain and the increasing dent which signifies doing Xrays.