Have painful cysts on labia which looks swollen. how to cure it?

I have what look like a cysts on the left side of my labia. It hurts and it looks swollen. How can cure it and make it better or help it drain faster?
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you You will have to see a gynaecologist for this because a physical examination is very important to determine the location of cyst whether its on labia or vagina , its size , whether tender or not because treatment will be based on these findings only . If its on labia possibilty of bartholin cyst exists often no treatment is required but if it is causing symptoms Catheterization can be done .Cysts may also be opened permanently, a method called marsupialization . But that will be decided will be your doctor . Sitz bath will also help you in this . Take care. Dr. Shruti