Have painful and pus filled boils on armpit. Can I take novamox cv?

I am having two boils on both armpits and it is painful and i think little pus also can i take novamox cv 625 mg
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 12 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

The appearance of boils in the axillary region (armpits) is most probably due to friction that damages the skin around the hair follicles, and makes it easier for bacteria to enter; resulting in an infection. This condition is called folliculitis.

Although the treatment for this condition is usually with antibiotics, it is best not to self-prescribe and to consult a doctor. Consulting a doctor will ensure a proper diagnosis and also proper dosage and use of antibiotics, which if misused can result in resistance, and inability to use the same antibiotics in the future.

Novamox CV 625 mg is a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. This antibiotic is commonly used to treat such conditions, but it is still best to consult a doctor.

I hope you found my response helpful. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.