Have pain under rib cage, feels like gas but have been passing gas. Suggest?

I have pain under my left rib cage
it feels like gas but I have been passing gas
it started yesterday afternoon and was sharp last night before bed time
tonight it got very sharp around 9 pm and I now can't sleep
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Acute Gastritis, needs Omeprazole

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXX

It seems like an episode of acute gastritis. Did you take any medicine for the same? If not, please take a tablet of Omeprazole 20 mg right away on empty stomach. This is available over the counter for you.

Along with this, also purchase antacids like TUMS, if available at the pharmacy.

You would definitely benefit from the drug Omeprazole. It is ideal to take the drug every morning on empty stomach for next one week to get complete recovery from your symptoms.

Drink as much water as you can.

I am glad you are in good health and exercise over 13 hours in a week. I exercise for not more than 5 hours in a week. I must draw inspiration from you :)

Let me know how you feel after taking the medicine. This is definitely not XXXXXXX You should get quick relief and be able to sleep normally.

Wish you quick recovery.