Have pain under rib cage and feels bubbling sensation with belching. Suggest?

General Surgeon
hi ...i have a pain in under my rib cage on the right side sometimes co ming out my back ...standing and stretching f eases it sitting makes it worse...sometimes i can feel a bubbling curdling sensation in the area also ....have belching...its been coming an going on an off for a few weeks
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms are very characteristic for gallstones. It gives upper right pain radiating to the back. Nausea and vomiting can appear. The symptoms can be triggered by fatty foods, spicy foods and alcohol.
I suggest you to visit your doctor and have abdominal ultrasound done. Liver tests (AST,ALT,GGTP,AP) should be also done. If the gallstones will be confirmed, laparoscopic surgery should be done.
In a meanwhile please avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, fried foods and alcohol.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.