Have pain under armpit. Feeling lumps. What to do?

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
I have been getting a pain under my armpit when I bend Down. Had it for approx 6 weeks. Been feeling for lumps but can't find any, last night noticed a dint under my armpit the size of a thumbprint.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You feel a dint (do you mean swelling)

Detailed Answer:
AS you mentioned you had cysts that were drained 20 years ago and now you feel a dint (does it mean ?swelling in armpit). Correct me in the follow up if I am wrong.

If there is tiny swelling in armpit that may mean you have a swollen lymph gland that often happens due to some infection or inflammation some where; though at your age a thorough breast examination by family physician is also mandatory to exclude other causes (which can produce some swollen node).
If nothing turns out than you need to get examined by a physician and if he or she feels some tests may be ordered (eg a FNAC) to decide if this lymph node is of real concern.

Let me know if you need clarifications.

With best wishes
Dr Chowhan