Have pain throughout body, very tired and have no energy. MRI showed nothing. What else could it be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have pain throughout my body, it attacks different areas at different times. My elbow will be painful one day my lower back and neck and shoulders another my knee pains all night. I am very tired all the time and have no energy. This started suddenly 12 months ago and has not let up. I have had an MIR on my neck to lower back and it just showed ageing no reason for this pain and discomfort. I find doing any house work or driving increases my pain and makes me very tired. I am at loose ends as to why this is happening. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 16 minutes later
Pain throughout the body associated with generalized weakness could be due to-
1. Fibromyalgia.
2. Improper diet.
3. Abnormal body posture, muscle overuse.
4. Electrolyte imbalance.
5. Hormonal disbalance like hypothyroidism.
5. Anxiety neurosis.
6. Vitamin D3 and magnesium deficiency.
All these possibilities need to be ruled out after a proper physical examination and related blood tests.
Till the time you get evaluated for these possibilities, there are some of the other lifestyle options which you can follow:

1) You can take a mild pain killer like paracetamol or ibuprofen for symptomatic relief. Taking a well balanced will be helpful.

2) Do not take caffeine or alcohol at night just before going to bed.

3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind.

4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.
Do start with a multivitamin and multimineral supplement till then.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.