Have pain management, changed Hydrocodone to oxycodone. Urine test showed presence of hydrocodone. Suggest?

Hi, I have a pain management physician who changed my long-term Rx of 10/325 Hydrocodone (due to liver failure concerns) to Oxycodone. Last week, after the usual urine test for all patients, I was advised that the Hydrocodone was showing up in my urine. How long before the Hydrocodone will not be in my body anymore? Thank you.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oxycodone is more potent & available as single

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
Here is the information you requested.
Hydrocodone can be present in the saliva for 12 – 36 hours after its last dose or after 2 – 4 days of last dose in the urine. Hydrocodone can be present in the hairs for up to 90 days after the last dose.
Hydrocodone is eliminated primarily by the kidneys, and its mean plasma half-life is 4.5 hours.
Creatinine clearance and body surface area are known predictors of their clearance and the volume of distribution in the body. So, people with renal impairment & less body surface area may take more time to clear it from the body.
Unfortunately, we don't have any data on the clearance of hydrocodone in patients with kidney and/or liver impairment.
Oxycodone is generally considered to be more potent than hydrocodone. Therefore a lesser dose may produce similar results. It is available as a single-ingredient medication or in combination with other active ingredients, while hydrocodone only comes in combination products. So, may not be a good choice for patients in whom other combination drugs are contraindicated.
Both are narcotic analgesics & opiates. Oxycodone is for managing severe pain while hydrocodone is for mild to moderate pain.
Hope I have given you the desired information.
Wish you good health.