Have pain in wrist, at the bottom of thumb without swelling. Cause?

I have pain in my left wrist, at the bottom of the thumb since last evening. There is not swelling. The pain is not permanent. It occurs only when I spread out my fingers wide, or when I rotate my wrist at specific angles.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
rest and analgesics will help you

Detailed Answer:

It seems like there is a sprain in your wrist joint, and also affecting the thumb.

You need to rest your left hand completely for a day or two. You can use a wrist band to stabilize the wrist joint.

Apply Volini spray or ointment on the area. You can also take simple analgesics like Brufen twice daily for 2 days after food for the pain to subside.

Get well soon.