Have pain in the appendix area but only when moving in certain way and effecting groin area. Cause?

l have a pain in the apendix area but only when l move in a sertane way or if l push the stomach in this small area about an inch aera lv had it for some weeks but it seems to be more offten now and pain has got bit more lm still able to go for walks and have been working l work in building ie roofing and painting +decor l have a feeling its a hernia??? PS the strange thing is the pain seems to be some how effecting the groine area and dont know if to sit down or stand up some times
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Musculoskeletal pain is likely...

Detailed Answer:

Appendicular pain is a constant aching pain. And the common hernia are not located in this area (appendicular region). To me, the pain seems to be due to non specific or musculoskeletal causes. I would however you provide additional details which can be useful:
1. Apart from the pain, do you have other symptoms such as fever, vomiting, bowel changes, increased urination with or without burning sensation?
2. Does the pain aggravate with cough?
3. Have you tried pain killers; if yes what was the response?
4. Have you had similar symptom in the past?
5. Have you lost weight/appetite?

Awaiting your reply...

Follow-up: Have pain in the appendix area but only when moving in certain way and effecting groin area. Cause? 13 minutes later
l have no pain if l cough , at the moment l am getting strange pains some times in the groine area and inside that area it feels quite scary but it comes and gos other wise l would have gone to the hospital , its not the sort of pain you would associate with pain killers it more of a feeling of something being pulled or stwisted then it gos but it is bad .
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It looks like cramps...

Detailed Answer:

The new description is a better one. It gives a clear picture of what is happening.

Based on this description, I feel you are suffering with crampy abdominal pain. This type of crampy abdominal pain at the region of appendix (right inguinal region) are commonly due to intestinal colic) - appendix inflammation / diverticulitis / colitis or ureteric colic - stone. Rarely this could be due to an enlarged mesentric lymph node.

Since you haven't answered to all my questions especially about associated symptoms, appetite changes and weight loss, I take it for granted they are absent. As they are absent, appendicitis and urinary tract infection is unlikely, though not completely excluded.

In such circumstances, I generally proceed to investigate further. Blood hemogram, urine routine examination and ultrasound scan are the first set of test which will help us differentiate and isolate the most likely cause. As you have history of renal stones in the past (though not proved), that would be my bet to be the cause now.

Since the pain is gradually increasing, I urge you to get the aforementioned test done at the earliest. Your local surgeon can help you write this test. If the pain is severe and hurting you, you can use antispasmodic drugs. I think mebervine (colofac) is available over the counter - and it should help you.

Hope this information is clear and sufficient. Write back for clarification / assistance.

Good luck!!