Have pain in spermatic cord, need to urinate more and dribble with itchy bum. Advised US. Suggest?

hi ive seen my gp for a pain in the spermatic cord he has requested an ultrasound scan one thing I have noticed in the last two days is that i need to urinate more and dribble a bit also started to get an itchy bum and its not any thing to do with a sexual transmitted disease as im not sexualy active also only masturbate once about every four days due to work and people around most of the time should should I tell my gp before the scan or afterwards maybe you could give me some advice on this problem thanks
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Simple UTI; yes do inform your GP

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

As mentioned by you, you do not suspect a sexually transmitted infection (STI) as you are not sexually active, this could possibly be a simple both sexes; irrespective of their sexual status.

Yes, you should inform your GP about this before the scan, as he/she would want to examine you further, which would help in making an accurate diagnosis, earlier.

Hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a healthy life thereafter.

Best wishes.