Have pain in shoulder, muscle spasm and chest pain with throat numbness. Feel choking and skin tight at neck

Hi doctor.. i have long story i suffered ling time i visit many doctor for my situation pleaase help me .. many years i have pain in left shoulder and muscle spasm specially trapezius muscle and chest pain on and off but recently always have chest pain once retrosternum and radiating to back some time tighting sensation and numbness in left side of throat always and i feel it when swallow left side of chest and back some time feeling like empty and some times contract i did barium swallow ,echo and ct angiogram to heart all normal and ESR .calcium .vit b12 and all KFT .LFT .amylase .Cardiac enzym normal only vit d is 16.5 ... some time i feel like chocking and skin tight in back of head neck and chest please help me and thank you
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later
The possible causes of the pain that you are having are muscular pain, GERD, Pleuritis, etc as the cardiac causes have been ruled out after the investigations.

The pain could be due to musculoskeletal inflammation - This can be diagnosed if the pain increases on specific movements or on direct pressure on the affected area. Such pain can respond to medications like Ibuprofen 400 mg taken three times a day. This generally resolves within a week. ‎

Pneumonitis Or Pleuritis : Here the pain increases on deep breaths and is associated with symptoms like cough, expectoration of mucus or purulent sputum, etc.

GERD: This condition too presents with the similar symptoms as described by you and usually subsides after taking Antacids or proton pump inhibitors group of drugs.

Panic attacks: This is a condition that is seen in hyperthyroid patients with anxiety related symptoms. This can also present with chest pain, breathlessness and other generalized symptoms. This condition can also be confused with cardiac problems.

It is important to find out the exact cause after physical examination and investigations. Hence, please see your Primary Doctor for complete examination and the treatment would follow according.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Have pain in shoulder, muscle spasm and chest pain with throat numbness. Feel choking and skin tight at neck 21 hours later
Thank you for answer .. i did thyroid function test is normal .. no cough or short breath ..only 3 or 4 times had hot flash and one doctor advice me did MRI to exclude thoracic outlet syndrome and result normal and final diagnosis is neuorosis or irritable vagus nerve .. when i take lbuprofen or diclofenac not improve i improve only with xanax but not to much or lexotanil and antidepressant (sertraline) are this good
And when i have attack of chest pain my voice change
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Since you fee better after taking Xanax, this suggests that your symptoms are related to anxiety. Do decrease your caffeine intake and do a relaxation exercise like yoga regularly.
Continue with Xanax and anti depressant as prescribed.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.