Have pain in shoulder and lump in breast. Should I be worried about pain and lump?

I've had a persistant lump in my left breast for many years. Exams confirm but radiologist view is not worried. I've now had a persistent aching left shoulder. not under armpit but inside. Hurts to raise my arm up to a point that even comes close to parallel with the shoulder.

I've recently - purposely lost weight. About 30 lbs since XXXXXXX 2012 primarily because I'm having Xlif Fusion surgery of L3-L5 in 2 weeks. Since losing the weight, the lump remains and is actually easier to locate than when I was heavier. My breasts have reduced in size with the weight lose (10%+ of beginning body weight has been lost).

Should I be worried about this development of wierd shoulder pain? Its not like I've done anything physically unordinary to explain the pain. That's what made me think of the breast lump.

Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

This is typical of painful XXXXXXX syndrome, a shoulder joint problem.
This can be due to diabetes commonly and it is called frozen shoulder.
Your orthopedician is the best person to tackle this.
This is not a serious problem and most probably should become ok with physiotherapy.
This is unrelated to the breast problem.