Have pain in right side. Took OTC pain killers. Have fever and chills. Could this be my appendix?

Hello, my name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I have pain in my right side for about a week now. It has been a dull constant pain, that seems to be worse now. OTC pain killers do not help, I do not have fever, chills, or anything else. Could this be my appendix? Thanks.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Appendidcitis...Maybe but not exclusively

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain. I hope together we get to figure out what the exact cause is and propose solutions to you.

A constant pain on the right side always raises the suspicion of appendicitis though could be explained by some many other different conditions like infections of the right tube, ovary, kidney, etc. To make the difference between these different possible causes, a detailed interview, complete and comprehensive physical exam alongside some tests if need be.

Because this pain is getting worse without any clearly identified cause, I would strongly discourage you from taking pain medications as this may mask the exact clinical presentation and make diagnosis difficult.

I will suggest that you go ahead a book an appointment to XXXXXXX with your doctor so that the he can go ahead and do the above mentioned procedures to identify the cause and provide specific treatment to you.

In all, could be appendicitis but there are many other possible causes too. Get consulted for the exact cause to be identified and specific treatment offered.

Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask me for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of possible outcomes and hope the cause of this turns out to be a very minor and easily correctable problem.
Dr. Ditah, MD